Parsons Green stabbing: First picture of teen killed in 'fight' near Tube station

This is the first picture of a young man who was stabbed to death near a London Tube station just three weeks before his 19th birthday.

The victim, named locally as Hani Solomon, died at the scene after police and paramedics were called to reports of a street fight just before 6.45pm on Thursday.

Devastated friends described Mr Solomon as a "good guy" who "showed the same love and the same respect for everyone". He had just got his first car and wanted to go into business.

A witness described seeing a fight involving six young men break out opposite his home, and "shouting at them to stop" before one man collapsed and three fled.

Police have arrested a 23-year-old man, who self-presented in hospital after he was injured during the incident near Parsons Green station, on suspicion of murder.

He remains in hospital, but his condition is not understood to be life threatening.

A 20-year-old man also stabbed in the incident was taken to hospital, but has since been discharged.

Tyrell Logan, 18, said he had been close friends with Mr Solomon since primary school.

Speaking at a police cordon, Mr Logan said: "He was a friend you could always count on... If you can't afford something, he's there for you, if you can't do something, he'll do it for you - that's how he works, that was his moral in life.

"He had just got his first car, and he drove everyone about, everyone has videos in the car with him, everyone is happy, everyone is living life... now he's gone, I don't know what we're going to do.

"We're all going to be missing a soul that we all need - he's part of the mantelpiece, part of our foundation.

"How are we going to live life without him? It's hard for everyone.

"He showed the same love and the same respect for everyone, 100 per cent all the time."

Mr Solomon was a "good guy" who "showed the same love and the same respect for everyone", said Mr Logan.

Another friend, a 17-year-old girl who dropped off flowers at the scene, said of the victim: “He was such a funny guy and always made people laugh.

"The first time we met we had an argument and then we became best friends.

“I was suppose to meet up with him a few days ago but didn’t. He was a big character and just like chilling with his friends.

"He didn’t deserve this.”

Another pal added: "Everyone knew and loved him, he wasn’t like that you know.

“He wasn’t part of the gang life, he didn’t have a tag or an alias. He did nothing illegal, nothing on the wrong path.

People lay flowers in memory of Hani Solomon
Friends gathered to lay flowers near the scene of the fatal stabbing

“He was friend you could always count on.

“If you can’t afford it he’s there for you, if you can’t do something he’ll do it for you.I don’t know how we’re all going to live life without him.

“He’s died now but he earned the respect while he lives. I just want people to remember him by his name.

“He wanted to go into business, I’m not sure exactly what. Last time I saw him was about three months ago when we went for a drive in his car.

“I didn’t think that would be the last time I saw him.”

Witness Joao Goncalves, 31, said he saw three men wearing hoodies and face coverings chasing the other three down the street before they started "fighting with their hands".

He said: "There were three boys walking quite fast and three more walking away from them, like they were being chased.

"They were having a fight, I didn't see any weapons, it looked like they were just fighting with their hands.

"I didn't think it was serious until one of them fell to the floor. He got up then he collapsed again against the side of a house.

"It was over quickly."

Mr Goncalves said he saw police and ambulance crews arrive shortly afterwards, and paramedics gave the teenager CPR for "10 to 15 minutes".

Friends gather to pay tribute to Hani Solomon
Devastated friends described Mr Solomon as a "good guy"

Local MP Greg Hands described the incident as "truly awful", adding on Friday that "Fulham is still reeling from last night's fatal stabbing".

Detectives are appealing for witnesses to contact police on 101, quoting reference CAD 5723/11Feb.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called at 6.42pm on Thursday to reports of a fight between a group of males on Ackmar Road, Fulham.

"Officers attended along with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance.

"Despite receiving treatment for stab injuries an 18-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.28pm. His next of kin have been informed.

A second man, aged 20, was taken to hospital with a stab injury; he has since been discharged. He was accompanied by a third man who was not injured.

"Police subsequently attended a west London hospital after a 23-year-old man self-presented with injuries where he remains - his condition is not life threatening. He has since been arrested on suspicion of murder.

"A murder investigation has been launched by detectives in the Specialist Crime Command. Enquiries are continuing."

Follow the Official Rokna NEWS Telegram Channel For More and fresh NEWS.

news code: 661346 edit
لینک کپی شد
Was this news useful?